Thursday, May 27, 2010

Abundance

Here are a few more pictures from the Arboretum in Lexington, Kentucky, my hometown. (See also Eckhart Tolle Says Flowers are the Enlightenment of Plants for more pictures of the Arboretum). Be sure to click on the pictures to get some incredible resolution.

This is an excerpt from Eckhart Tolle's book, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose:

"The source of all abundance is not outside you. It is part of who you are. However, start by acknowledging and recognizing abundance without. See the fullness of life all around you. The warmth of the sun on your skin, the display of magnificent flowers outside a florist's shop, biting into a succulent fruit, or getting soaked in an abundance of water falling from the sky. The fullness of life is there at every step. The acknowledgement of that abundance that is all around you awakens the dormant abundance within. Then let it flow out.

"When you smile at a stranger, there is already a minute outflow of energy. You become a giver. Ask yourself often: "What can I give here; how can I be of service to this person, this situation?"
You don't need to own anything to feel abundant, although if you feel abundant consistently things will almost certainly come to you.

"Abundance comes only to those who already have it. It sounds almost unfair, but of course it isn't. It is a universal law. Both abundance and scarcity are inner states that manifest as your reality. Jesus puts it like this: "For to one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away." (A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, pp. 191-192)

I think of nothing but abundance when I look at these pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful excerpt from A New Earth, juxtaposed with exquisite natural beauty...If this were a poster I would frame it and hang it in my house. Thanks for sharing the deep truth expressed in these words and photos Todd.

    ReplyDelete

From the Archives

What's Your Drama?

Ok, I'll go first. My drama has been to allow my pain-body to take over my thinking in the context of a love relationship. No...

Popular Posts